These almond flour chocolate chip cookies are everything you want in a cookie. They're soft, chewy and packed with chocolate chips.
These easy almond flour cookies are delicious - like can't stop eating them delicious. They have crackled tops, golden edges and soft centers.
And although I wouldn't call them healthy chocolate chip cookies, almond flour is packed full of Vitamin E, Manganese and protein which is an awesome bonus.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. In other words, if you click a link and purchase something I will receive a commission at no cost to you. I only recommend products I use and enjoy myself.
What you will need:
- Brown Sugar
- Almond Flour
- Baking Soda
- Kosher Salt
- Semisweet Chocolate Chips
How to make these chocolate chip cookies:
These cookies are simple and follow the same basic method for most cookie recipes.
- Cream the butter and sugars together.
- Add the egg until fully incorporated. Remember to scrape the bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat until just incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Bake until the edges are golden brown and the interior still looks a little underdone. They will set once they come out of the oven.
Tips and tricks for cookie baking perfection:
- In my opinion it's always better to under bake a cookie then overbake one. When I bake cookies I always look for golden brown edges and the center to look a little underdone. If the whole cookie looks ready then it's overbaked.
- The cookies will set on the pan so don't try to take them off directly out of the oven. If you do so the cookies will just fall apart on you. Once cookies set the underdone-looking center will set into a soft and delicious center.
- If you don't want to have to wait to keep putting more cookies in the oven I would recommend baking a couple sheet pans at one time.
- Always use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat so the cookies don't stick to the pan. I have three silpats that I love and use daily.
Other gluten free cookies and almond flour recipes:
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Almond Flour Pancakes
- 21 Irresistible Gluten Free Cookies - Keto Chocolate chip cookies, Vegan Sugar Cookies, Crispy Almond Flour Cookies and Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies among others
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Stand Mixer with the Paddle Attachment
- 1 stick Unsalted butter Also equal to 8 tablespoons or 4 oz.
- ⅓ cup Brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 2 ⅓ cup Almond flour
- ½ t. Baking soda
- ¼ t. Kosher Salt
- 1 ¼ cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Cream butter, brown sugar and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy - approximately three minutes.
- Add the egg and beat until incorporated, scraping the bowl when necessary.
- Add almond flour, baking soda, and salt to mixture and beat on low until cookie dough forms - scraping the bowl to make sure all is incorporated.
- Fold or beat in the chocolate chips.
- Using a medium sized portion scoop, scoop 6 cookies onto a pan and bake until the edges are golden brown - approximately 13 minutes for big cookies.