This quinoa salad with feta is the perfect bite for summer! Greens, quinoa, peaches, and feta are tossed in a citrus vinaigrette for a healthy but filling salad. Substitute strawberries if peaches aren't in season.
If you haven't tried quinoa with greens yet, you're in for a pleasant surprise! I love to add cooked quinoa to salads. It adds texture and a boost of plant-based protein. In this quinoa salad with feta, I use juicy sliced peaches but strawberries work great too!
A satisfying, flavor-packed salad always starts with a delicious dressing. A homemade vinaigrette is such a simple thing to whip up and it's far better than store-bought.
My sweet and zippy lemon vinaigrette is only three ingredients and pairs so well with the fresh peaches and golden raisins.
Quinoa Salad Ingredients
Here's what you need for this quinoa feta salad.
- Lemon Apricot Vinaigrette - It sounds fancy, but it's only three ingredients! I love to use apricot jam to sweeten a citrus vinaigrette. It's bright, delicious, and easy.
- Mixed Greens - I used spring mix, but any variety of greens will do. I also enjoy half baby kale, half spring mix.
- Peaches - If peaches aren't in season, opt for sliced strawberries, apples, or red grapes instead.
- Walnuts - For added texture and crunch! I love the nutty, bitter flavor of walnuts paired with sweet fruit.
- Golden Raisins - Golden raisins are sweet with a mild flavor. They're a delicious addition to pasta, salads, veggies, and rice. Sometimes I use dried cranberries instead, just depends what I have on hand.
- Feta Cheese - For a salty, creamy bite. A five ounce tub is about ¾ of a cup.
- Cooked Quinoa - Cook the quinoa ahead of time and let it cool. If it's hot when you toss the salad, it will wilt the greens.
- Red Onion - Feel free to omit if you don't like red onions.
How to Make Quinoa Salad with Feta
Make the lemon vinaigrette - Combine the ingredients in a mini food processor and blend until smooth. If you don't have a small food processor, use a tall cup and an immersion blender.
I always blend my vinaigrette instead of whisking because the result is so much creamier!
Combine quinoa salad ingredients - In a large bowl, combine the greens, peaches, walnuts, golden raisins, feta cheese, quinoa, and red onion.
Toss with lemon vinaigrette - Drizzle half the salad dressing over the salad and gently toss. Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette and toss again. If you like a heavy dressed salad, double the recipe for the vinaigrette.
- For easy assembly, prep the ingredients ahead of time. I like to make a big batch of quinoa and use it throughout the week.
- If peaches aren't in season, no worries! Just sub in sliced strawberries, Honeycrisp apples, or grapes.
- If you like a heavy dressed salad, double the lemon vinaigrette then add as you go. You can always add more, but you can't take it out!
- Be sure to cook your quinoa correctly. Mushy quinoa doesn't take good on its own, much less in a salad. This method works nicely.
The best part about salad is how easy it is to customize! Try one of these delightful swaps:
- Nuts & Seeds: Swap the walnuts with sliced almonds, pistachios, pecans, pumpkin seeds, cashews, or pine nuts.
- Dried Fruit: Swap the golden raisins with dried cranberries, raisins, dried blueberries, dried cherries, or dried mango.
- Fresh Fruit: Peaches aren't always in season, but don't fret. This quinoa salad with feta tastes delicious with sliced strawberries, apples, grapes, or blueberries!
- Other Salad Toppings: Replace the red onion with pickled red onions or pickled shallots for a sweet and tangy bite.
- Cheese: Swap feta with goat cheese or gorgonzola. Skip shredded cheddar this time around. It doesn't go well with the citrus.
Yes! This lemon quinoa salad is made with whole foods and plant-based ingredients. Quinoa is nutrient dense with 8 grams of protein per cup, plenty of fiber, and complex carbohydrates.
It's best to enjoy this cold quinoa salad the same day it's made. The mixed greens wilt quickly overnight. If you want to make it ahead of time, it's best to prepare all the elements, then assemble right before eating it.
More Quinoa & Salad Recipes
- Spinach Arugula Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette & Pears
- Herby Quinoa Salad with Avocado and Chickpeas
- Salmon Quinoa Bowl with Chipotle Mayo
- Simple Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
Quinoa Salad with Feta & Peaches
- Large Bowl
- Immersion blender or mini food processor
For the lemon apricot vinaigrette:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- pinch of kosher salt
For the salad:
- 5 ounces mixed greens
- 2 cups sliced peaches or strawberries
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- ⅓ cup golden raisins (or dried cranberries/cherries)
- ¾ cup feta cheese
- 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
To make the dressing:
- In a mini food processor, combine the olive oil, apricot jam, lemon juice, and kosher salt. Pulse until thick and smooth. Alternatively, combine the ingredients in a tall cup and use an immersion blender to blend.
Assemble the salad:
- In a large bowl, combine greens, peaches, walnuts, golden raisins, feta cheese, cooked quinoa, and sliced red onion.
- Drizzle half of the dressing on top of the salad and toss. Add the rest of the dressing and toss again.
- Serve immediately.