Chocolate and pineapple may seem like an odd combination but this chocolate pineapple smoothie will convert you! It's rich, chocolatey, and indulgent. It's also dairy-free with no added sugar.
Smoothies are such an excellent and delicious way to pack in nutrients. This healthy chocolate pineapple smoothie tastes anything but! It's rich from the peanut butter and dark cocoa powder but naturally sweetened with fruit. Pineapple is known to help with digestion and helps fight inflammation.
To say I'm a fan of breakfast smoothies is an understatement. You might be surprised what ingredients taste great together.
This strawberry pineapple chocolate smoothie tastes amazing. This smoothie tastes predominantly chocolatey and the fruit makes it perfectly sweet with no added sugar.
Ingredients For This Chocolate Pineapple Smoothie
This smoothie only has 6 ingredients! They are as follows:
Banana sweetens up the smoothie and makes it creamy. Be sure you use a ripe banana. The starch in bananas convert to sugar as they ripen so a ripe banana is a sweet banana!
Frozen strawberries & pineapple add more sweetness and a slight tart flavor. They also thicken up the smoothie without the need for ice. This chocolate smoothie is so thick and creamy!
Dark cocoa powder is what gives this smoothie it's rich and indulgent flavor. Dark cocoa powder is much richer than regular cocoa powder. I use Hershey's Dark and I find it on the shelf right next to the regular container.
Peanut butter adds protein and makes this smoothie into a filling breakfast. It also makes it even creamier.
Unsweetened almond milk is my favorite liquid base for smoothies. It has a mild flavor but creamy texture which makes it perfect for smoothies. It's also dairy-free!
How to Make it
Another great thing about smoothies is how easy they are to make. You can have it made and cleaned up in less than 10 minutes.
Simply place everything into the blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If you need to you can stop the blender and use a spatula to scrape the sides into the blender so it all gets incorporated.
Recipe Tips & Substitutions:
- I always taste a smoothie before I pour it out of the blender. This way if I want to adjust anything I can.
- If you try it and want the smoothie sweeter you can add honey to sweeten it even more.
- To make this into a smoothie bowl only use a scant ¾ cup of almond instead of the 1 cup that's called for.
- If you like to you can add whipped cream, sprinkles, and dark chocolate chips.
Other Smoothie Recipes You Might Love
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie Bowl
- Strawberry Peach Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Avocado Chocolate Smoothie
- Banana Peach Smoothie
- Pineapple Spinach Smoothie
Chocolate Pineapple Smoothie
- High speed blender
- Measuring cups
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 ½ tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- In the base of a high speed blender combine all the ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender if necessary.
- Serve immediately.