A refreshing and simple strawberry peach smoothie with only 6 ingredients! This smoothie makes a perfect on-the-go breakfast or healthy snack.
I love smoothies year round but there's nothing quite like a cold strawberry peach smoothie on a hot spring day. This one is super refreshing and delicious, so much in fact that my 3 and 6 year old finished it off before I could make any of it into smoothie popsicles.
Smoothies are a great way to feed your kiddos healthy ingredients without them even realizing it.
It's also hard to mess up a smoothie because they're totally customizable. I love this combo with the ratios I provide in the recipe but if you find this smoothie isn't sweet enough you can always add some honey. If you want it creamier add a bit more Greek yogurt. Nothing's set in stone when it comes to smoothies.
- Banana - To naturally sweeten the smoothie and make it smooth.
- Frozen strawberries - The key to a thick and creamy smoothie is frozen fruit and in this case strawberries. Ice doesn't break down all the way and tends to melt so you end up with an icy smoothie instead.
- Navel orange - You could use orange juice BUT I just grab a navel orange at the store because it's so much better in smoothies. Fresh squeezed orange juice is much sweeter than the carton. I just squeeze it into the blender. One whole orange usually gives me about ¼ cup of juice.
- Unsweetened almond milk - You can use any plant milk or regular milk if you prefer but unsweetened almond milk is what we like and buy. It's great for smoothies because it's not an overpowering flavor.
- Greek yogurt - This helps thicken the smoothie while adding filling protein.
Smoothie Tips & Inspiration
- Always use frozen fruit instead of ice. The end result will be a thick and creamy smoothie versus an icy one.
- If you don't like Greek yogurt or it's slight tang I also like to use cottage cheese in smoothies. It has a more neutral flavor but still makes the smoothie really creamy. You can't even taste it either.
- If you are looking for a good dairy-free option to add creaminess to a smoothie you could go with a dairy-free yogurt or ripe avocado. Avocado is high in healthy fats which also makes it's flesh super creamy and perfect for thickening up a smoothie.
- Sweeten up a smoothie with sweeter fruits first like banana, pineapple, figs, or fresh squeezed juice orange juice before adding any additional sweeteners like honey or maple syrup. You might just find the smoothie is sweet enough without it.
Other Delicious Smoothie Recipes
- Peanut Butter Avocado Chocolate Smoothie
- Banana Peach Smoothie
- Pineapple Spinach Smoothie
- Chocolate Berry Smoothie Recipe
Strawberry Peach Smoothie
- High speed blender
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ¾ cup frozen peaches
- 1 navel orange, juiced About ¼ cup of juice
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk Can add more if needed
- ⅓ cup plain greek yogurt
- Combine all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add a little bit more almond milk if necessary until the consistency is perfect. Enjoy immediately.