A refreshing and bright start to your day, this pineapple spinach smoothie is like paradise in a glass! Healthy, dairy free, refined-sugar-free!
Why You'll Love it:
Don't be afraid of green smoothies! They shouldn't taste grassy or earthy. The spinach blends right into the background.
This pineapple spinach smoothie is sweet and zippy with pineapple, mango, and lime! One of my favorites and I make ALOT of smoothies.
- Healthy - This green smoothie is made with whole foods and greens, without juice or refined sugar. It's low in calories and boasts lots of vitamin C, vitamin A, and calcium!
- Quick - It takes less than 5 minutes to make.
- Easy - Only five ingredients!
Smoothies are a great way to pack in nutrient-dense ingredients that support your immune system and give you loads of energy!
- Banana - I always keep bananas on hand! They create a smooth and creamy texture, plus they're loaded with fiber and potassium.
- Baby spinach - Baby greens boast the same nutrients as mature greens, BUT they have softer leaves and a mild flavor. Better for blending!
- Frozen mango - I buy a huge bag at Costco for a steal so I never run out. Mangoes are jam-packed with vitamin C and sweeten a smoothie naturally.
- Frozen pineapple - Also sold at Costco! Rich in antioxidants called flavonoids. Flavonoids boast anticancer and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lime - For a bright, zip! Limes add that something extra and make a smoothie pop.
How to Make a Spinach Pineapple Smoothie:
Green smoothies are actually very simple! Here's what you need to do:
- Combine ingredients: Add the banana and spinach first. Then add the frozen ingredients and liquid. The blades catch the soft ingredients and get things moving!
- Blend: Start the blender on low, then gradually increase the speed to high. Turn off the blender and scrape down the sides of the blender. Blend again until smooth.
- Adjust: Taste for sweetness and thickness. For a thinner smoothie, add a splash more liquid and blend to incorporate.
- Serve: Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately. Green smoothies are best when they're fresh!
Health Benefits of Spinach:
Baby spinach is a staple in our house! The reason? It blends right into smoothies without affecting the taste and texture.
Spinach is a nutritional powerhouse that's loaded with feel-good nutrients.
- Low calorie: One 3.5 ounce serving of spinach is only 23 calories!
- Fiber: Spinach is a good source of insoluble fiber for a healthy gut and regularity.
- Vitamins: It boasts vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K1, and folic acid.
- Plant compounds: It's full of beneficial plant compounds and antioxidants that reduce your risk of cancer and chronic diseases!
- Invest in a high-speed blender. If you make smoothies often, it's worth the investment. High-speed blenders pulverize greens and veggies effectively without any grit or pieces left behind.
- Adjust the consistency as needed. I prefer a smoothie that's thick yet pourable. If you like a thinner smoothie, add a splash more liquid at the end.
- Order matters. Add the soft ingredients first. It gives the blades something to catch and reduces stalling. Liquids can go in whenever. They sink to the bottom anyway!
- Be sure to use frozen fruit. Fruit is mostly made up of water! Fresh fruit turns into pulpy juice when blended. Frozen fruit creates a thick, frosty texture!
- Protein - Add 1 tablespoon of hemp hearts, ¼ cup of Greek yogurt, or 2 tablespoons of protein powder for a boost of protein!
- Liquid base - You can swap the water with plant-based milk or juice if you prefer. Orange juice creates a tangier smoothie.
- Sweetener - For a sweeter smoothie, add a teaspoon of maple syrup, honey, or light agave.
- Watermelon Banana Smoothie
- Tropical Iron Rich Smoothie
- Berry Almond Milk Smoothie
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie Bowl
Pineapple Spinach Smoothie
- High speed blender
- 1 Medium Banana About 102 g
- ½ Cup Baby Spinach, packed
- ¾ Cup Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- ½ Cup Frozen Mango Chunks
- 1 tbsp Fresh Squeezed Lime
- ½ cup Cold water
- In the pitcher of a high-speed blender, combine the banana, baby spinach, frozen pineapple, frozen mango, lime juice, and water.
- Turn the blender on low speed, then gradually increase the speed to high. Turn off the blender and scrape down the sides of the blender with a spatula. Blend again until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately.