A chocolate peanut butter smoothie you can feel good about eating! This indulgent peanut butter avocado smoothie has dark cocoa powder in it to make it super chocolatey as well as healthy.
I'm in love with smoothies these days. My popsicle mold converted me into a smoothie lover which may seem random at first. I hate cleaning my blender AND I don't always want a whole smoothie. Well delicious smoothies make delicious popsicles. It's like a pint-sized frozen smoothie and I don't have to clean a thing! If you make a lot of smoothies I highly recommend investing in a nice popsicle mold.
They're also an excellent way to pack in nutrients. I love to add healthy ingredients whenever possible.
Why this peanut butter smoothie is so great
- It feels like a dessert but it's actually full of protein, vitamins, and a small amount of maple syrup. You can leave the maple syrup out if you like and the smoothie will still be creamy and delicious just slightly less sweet.
- It makes delicious peanut butter fudge pops!
- It's very filling. It makes a perfect breakfast smoothie.
What you will need
- Peanut butter
- Frozen banana - It's important that the banana is frozen. Ice makes the smoothie icy and less smooth so the frozen banana is what makes it thick without any ice.
- Avocado - Since avocado is high in healthy fats it helps make the smoothie nice and creamy.
- Dark cocoa powder - This gives the smoothie an ultra chocolatey flavor along with healthy antioxidants. I love to add dark cocoa powder as it gives the smoothie a much richer chocolatey taste. Regular cocoa powder works too.
- Cottage cheese - Don't worry if you dislike cottage cheese (so do I) you can't taste it at all. It really just adds creaminess to the smoothie along with some additional protein.
- Unsweetened almond milk
How to make this smoothie
You will need a frozen banana. I simply peel a banana and freeze it the night before in a Ziploc bag. If all your bananas are small you can always freeze one and a half.
I can never seem to get two even halves when I cut an avocado so I just threw in the larger half for extra creaminess and nutrients. Make sure to scoop the flesh out of the peel first of course.
Put all the ingredients into the blender and blend really well.
Once the peanut butter avocado smoothie is thick and creamy pour it into a glass and enjoy! I like to sprinkle the top with cocoa nibs but you could also sprinkle a little:
- chopped dark chocolate
- shredded coconut
As always feel free to make this smoothie into pops if you have a popsicle mold!
Other Smoothie Recipes You Might Like
Peanut Butter Chocolate Avocado Smoothie
- 1 Frozen banana, large
- ½ Avocado, scooped out of the skin
- 2 tbsp Peanut butter
- 1 tbsp Dark cocoa powder
- ¾ cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, thick, and creamy.
- Enjoy immediately!