This blueberry toast is my new breakfast favorite! It's simple, sweet, and creamy with hints of balsamic and plenty of jammy blueberries. Ready in just 5 minutes.
When it comes to breakfast, I'm a hard-and-fast pancake person. I eat one every morning, and it's hard to sway me in any other breakfast direction. That is, until I made these blueberry breakfast toasts.
Whoa, mama. These little toasts are too good! Crisp, golden brown toast, is slathered in whipped cream cheese, then topped with balsamic wild blueberry jam and sliced almonds. Add a drizzle of honey, and we're in breakfast heaven, friends.
Of course, blueberry toast can be enjoyed any time of day. Whip one up for a mid-day snack, or as a side for lunch.
Blueberry Toast Ingredients
- Toast - Use whatever kind of toast suits your fancy. White, whole-grain, or wheat bread are good options. I used Canyon Bakehouse's gluten-free ancient grain bread. Just make sure it's toasted until golden brown and crispy.
- Cream cheese spread - Cream cheese spread is just whipped cream cheese that's ready to spread. Find it right near the blocks of cream cheese in a small tub.
- Wild blueberry jam - Wild blueberry jam is made with wild blueberries. Wild blueberries are smaller and sweeter than regular blueberries. And they are heavenly in jam! Plus you get plenty of whole blueberries in it.
- Balsamic vinegar - Adds a bright, balsamic punch to the jam that pairs so well with sweet honey!
- Sliced almonds - Toast them to bring out their nutty flavor and crunchy texture. If you don't like almonds, swap with granola or walnuts.
- Honey - A drizzle of honey is the finishing touch!
How to Make Blueberry Toast
Toast the sliced almonds. In a small, dry nonstick skillet, add the almonds. Turn on medium-low heat, and stir occasionally until lightly browned.
First, toast your bread! It should be golden brown and crisp. Due this right before you plan to eat your toast.
Spread cream cheese on toast. Spread the cream cheese spread onto the slices of toast.
Add blueberry balsamic jam. In a small bowl, stir together the balsamic and blueberry jam. Slather onto each piece of toast.
Top with sliced almonds. Top the jam with sliced almonds, or another crunchy topping like granola or crushed walnuts.
Drizzle with honey. Drizzle each toast with honey. Enjoy immediately!
- Bread: Use any type of sliced bread you like! You could even try a toaster waffle. Just make sure it's toasted and crisp.
- Jam: I haven't tried this recipe with other jams yet, but my gut says it will taste delish! Try strawberry or raspberry jam instead of blueberry.
- Crunch: Almonds add crunchy texture. Granola, crushed walnuts, or pecans would work great too!
- Spring for wild blueberry jam! It really makes this blueberry toast recipe. Blueberry jelly won't be the same.
- Toast the bread right before you plan to use it. This way it will be nice and crisp, which contrasts nicely with the creamy spread.
- Adjust measurements to fit your taste. If you like more tang, add more balsamic. Want more cream cheese? Add more! The measurements are just a guideline for a simple and delicious flavor combination.
More Blueberry Recipes
- Gluten Free Blueberry Pie
- Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- Gluten Free Blueberry Pie
- Triple Berry Crisp with Oat Crumble
- 4 slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 6 tbsp cream cheese spread
- 6 tbsp wild blueberry jam
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Toast the bread right before you plan to assemble the toast and eat them.
- Spread 1 ½ tablespoons of whipped cream cheese onto each slice of toast.
- In a small bowl, stir together the wild blueberry jam and balsamic vinegar.
- Spread 1 ½ tablespoons of the balsamic jam on the each slice of toast.
- Top each toast with a tablespoon of sliced and toasted almonds.
- Drizzle with honey! Enjoy immediately.