A tasty spin on the old classic - this pesto egg salad is a cinch to make. I like to put it on multigrain toast and serve it with a spinach salad.
This is the perfect recipe if you have half a jar of pesto left in the fridge and you're out of ideas for it. Everyone who shops at Costco knows what I'm talking about.
Pesto egg salad is simple to make, it's affordable, and it tastes delicious. Sometimes that's all I really want out of a recipe, ya know?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. In other words, if you click a link and purchase something I will receive a commission at no cost to you. I only recommend products I use and enjoy myself.
How to Boil Eggs
Their seems to be a bajillion different methods and thankfully a lot of them are effective but here's how I do it if you don't already have a favorite way.
- Place the eggs in a pot of cold water.
- Bring the pot of eggs to a rapid boil.
- Take the pot off the burner then cover it and let it sit for 13 minutes.
- Carefully drain the hot water and run cold water over the eggs a few times until the pot and eggs have cooled down some.
- Drain the water and shimmy the eggs in the pot to crack the eggs some. Run cold water over them and drain it.
- Peel the eggs and refrigerate until ready to use.
I've found that when I crack the eggs while they're still a bit warm and then run cold water over them they peel easy.
What you will need:
- Boiled eggs - See above how I like to do boil eggs or follow your own method.
- Store bought pesto (or homemade!) - I used Rao's pesto but I've heard great things about Costco brand as well as Mezzetta brand.
- Kosher salt
- Lemon - I always use fresh lemon juice never bottled. Lemons are affordable, last a long time in the refrigerator but most importantly they taste WAY brighter and better.
That's it! Once the eggs are cooked and chopped all you have to do is throw everything in a bowl and mix!
Other Easy Lunch or Dinner Recipes
- Simple Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
- Simple Chicken Salad Recipe
- Shakshuka with Feta Recipe
- Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Pesto Egg Salad
- 10 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- ¼ t. kosher salt
- 2 t. lemon juice, fresh
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir really well to combine.
- Serve on multigrain toast or with crackers.