This simple pistachio crusted salmon is the perfect weeknight meal. Generously top with lemon basil sauce and serve aside rice or quinoa for a flavorful and healthy dish.
I love pistachios and so naturally I really enjoy adding them to recipes. It's an easy way to add flavorful texture and nutrients. Pistachios are high in protein, fiber, and Vitamin B-6. Pistachios are also packed with antioxidants among a long list of health benefits.
They're also great for encrusting food. Pistachio crusted chicken and pistachio crusted salmon are my absolute favorites.
If you aren't a fan of baked salmon you can also dip chicken breasts in egg whites and encrust them in pistachios instead. They would taste just as amazing with the lemon basil sauce or with this easy peach BBQ sauce.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. In other words, if you click a link and purchase something I will receive a commission at no cost to you. I only recommend products I use and enjoy myself.
For the pistachio crusted salmon you will need:
- Salmon Fillet - This recipe calls for a 1 pound filet but if you are a bit over that will be just fine. Simply adjust the cooking time accordingly. It will take about 6 minutes per ½ inch of thickness. You will know it's done because the inside will look opaque and lighten in color.
- Pistachios - I buy the shelled pistachios because it's easier but you could buy them with shells if you don't mind shelling them.
- Egg Whites - This will help the pistachios adhere to the salmon fillet.
For the lemon basil sauce you will need:
- Peach Jam - If you already have apricot jam my gut says it would taste great with that as well. I like to buy all fruit peach jam. I used Polaner's brand.
- Lemon Juice
- Olive Oil
- Dijon Mustard
How to make the salmon and sauce
For the salmon:
- Grind up the pistachios. I just put them in my mini food processor and buzzed them up until semi-finely ground - some bigger pieces are good.
- Whisk up the egg white and brush it on the salmon.
- Press the pistachios evenly onto the top of the salmon then bake.
- Serve with a generous amount of lemon basil sauce.
For the sauce:
Buzz all the ingredients up in a small food processor. If you like to go heavy on the sauce (like I do) feel free to double the sauce recipe.
Ways to serve this salmon
- Try with roasted veggies like roasted asparagus or broccoli
- Serve with steamed veggies and rice or quinoa
- Serve on top of greens or with roasted potatoes
Other Easy Dinner Recipes You Might Like
- Shakshuka with Feta Recipe
- Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Brown Sugar
- How to Make Perfect White Rice
If you love this quick and easy salmon recipe follow me on Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious recipe ideas.
Pistachio Crusted Salmon with Lemon Basil Sauce
- Small food processor
- Sheet pan
For the salmon:
- 1 lb Salmon Fillet
- 1 Egg white
- Kosher salt
- ½ cup Pistachios, semi-finely ground
For the lemon basil sauce:
- 3 tbsp Peach jam*
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 t. Dijon mustard
- 3 Basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. Whisk up the egg white in a small bowl to loosen.
- Place the salmon fillet on the sheet pan skin side down and brush the top with egg white. Sprinkle kosher salt evenly over the salmon. Press the ground pistachios evenly all over the top of the salmon. Bake until the salmon is flaky and opaque - about 15 minutes for a thick fillet.
- While the salmon bakes blend all the ingredients for the sauce together in a small food processor. Divide the salmon among four plates, top with sauce and serve with roasted veggies or rice.
Leave a Reply