These whole30 roasted sweet potatoes are an easy and delicious side dish. Not only are they whole30 compliant but they're also paleo and gluten-free! You only need four ingredients and five minutes to prep them and in the oven they go.
Whole30 Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are a healthy and versatile side dish. They taste good in bowls, soups, salads, and more. Not only do they taste great but they're high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. I like to roast them with the skins on because the flavor is mild and the skin is full of fiber and good nutrients. You can certainly peel them if you prefer it though.
Whole30 Compliant Oil
I used coconut oil to roast these sweet potatoes but you can also use ghee, olive oil, or avocado oil as well. If you're not on a whole30 diet you can also use a neutral oil like canola or vegetable oil. I love the combination of the nutty flavor of coconut oil with the warm spice of cinnamon.
Sweet potatoes - I cut up my sweet potatoes into ½ inch chunks but it's okay if they vary in size some. Perfection isn't the goal.
Coconut Oil - Coconut oil is my fat of choice for roasting sweet potatoes. It keeps the sweet potatoes from sticking to the pan but also encourages browning and extra flavor.
Cinnamon - I love the warmth of the cinnamon with the salt and the nutty coconut oil. If you don't like the flavor of cinnamon you can leave it out or use savory spices instead.
Kosher salt - Kosher salt is my salt of choice. It has coarse granules which makes it harder to over-salt and easier to sprinkle. It also has a better salt flavor than table salt does. If you only have table salt you will need to cut the amount of salt in half or they will be too salty.
How to Roast Sweet Potatoes
It's super easy!
Preheat the oven
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cut up the potatoes
Cut the potatoes into ½ inch chunks and set aside.
Place on sheet pan
Place the cut up potatoes on a sheet pan and toss with melted coconut oil, cinnamon, and kosher salt. Spread the potatoes evenly on the pan.
Roast the sweet potatoes
Roast the sweet potatoes for 25 minutes until the insides are tender and the outsides are crispy.
How to Serve Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Serve alongside a rotisserie chicken for an easy weeknight dinner
- Top a cauliflower rice bowl with it and then add a fried egg
- Use to make black bean and sweet potato tacos
- For a whole30 option add to a healthy salad
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Easy Candied Brussels Sprouts
- Butternut Squash Lasagna - No Noodles & Gluten Free
- Mango Habanero Salsa
- Basil Chimichurri
Whole30 Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Cutting board
- Chef's knife
- Sheet pan
- 4 sweet potatoes, medium Close to 2 pounds
- 2 ½ tbsp coconut oil
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into ½ inch chunks. On a sheet pan toss the sweet potatoes with the melted coconut oil, ground cinnamon, and kosher salt.
- Roast the sweet potatoes for 25 minutes until the insides are tender and the outsides are crispy.