Indulgent yet refreshing, this creamy pineapple milkshake is the perfect summer treat! Pineapple, milk, ice cream, and pineapple juice are blended together and served with whipped cream for the ultimate pineapple shake.
I can't resist the sweet flavor of pineapple. It's a versatile fruit that tastes good on tacos, in stir-fry, with chicken, or even in this pineapple shake! It's naturally sweet and citrusy flavor complements thick and creamy ice cream so well.
For this recipe, I use frozen pineapple since it's already cold. There's nothing worse than a milkshake that melts before you can drink it.
Ingredients for a Pineapple Shake
For this recipe you only need four simple ingredients. You can find them at any local grocery store.
Whole milk - Whole milk adds creaminess to the milkshake and helps thin it to the right consistency. If you want to make this a dairy-free or vegan pineapple milkshake, you can use plant-based milk in place of regular milk.
Frozen pineapple - I used frozen pineapple since it's readily available and it's already cold. When you blend up frozen pineapple with milk, it makes a thick and creamy mixture similar to ice cream.
Ice cream - Vanilla ice cream sweetens the pineapple shake. Try to buy a vanilla ice cream brand that doesn't melt too quickly. You can substitute this with a vegan or dairy-free vanilla ice cream if you prefer.
Pineapple juice - Pineapple juice adds even more pineapple flavor!
How to Make a Pineapple Milkshake
Milkshakes are a breeze to make! Here's how to make this one:
Blend Pineapple, Milk, & Juice - In the base of a high-speed blender, blend the frozen pineapple, the whole milk, and ¼ cup of pineapple juice. It should be thick and creamy.
Add Ice Cream - Add one cup of vanilla ice cream to the blender. Be sure to use a thick ice cream that doesn't melt too quickly.
Blend & Add Juice - Blend until the ice cream is incorporated then add a little bit more pineapple juice until it's a thick but pourable consistency.
Add Toppings & Enjoy - Add whipped cream, sprinkles, and a slice of pineapple and enjoy!
- Dairy-Free Pineapple Milkshake - This shake recipe can easily be made dairy-free. Simply substitute dairy-free milk and ice cream in place of the regular milk and ice cream. Unsweetened almond milk is a great choice since it has a mild flavor.
- Vegan Pineapple Milkshake - Substitute vegan ice cream and plant-based milk in place of regular milk and ice cream.
- Low Sugar - If you want to cut some of the sugar, you can use a keto vanilla ice cream in place of regular ice cream.
Pineapple Shake Recipe Tips
- Blend the pineapple and milk first! This will make it so the milkshake is mostly smooth without chunks of pineapple.
- Use a high-speed blender for the best results.
- If the milkshake is too thick, you can always add more pineapple juice. Just don't add too much or you will make it too thin.
Can pineapple and milk be mixed?
Yes! Pineapple and milk are delicious together in shakes and smoothies. Combining the two gives you a creamier mixture than it would be with just juice. For a dairy-free diet, plant-based milk (and ice cream) work great too!
Is a pineapple milkshake healthy?
Unfortunately, no - a pineapple milkshake is still a milkshake. It does, however, have the added nutrients of pineapple in it! Pineapple is rich in Vitamin C which is essential for a healthy immune system.
What other fruits can go in milkshakes?
Almost any fruit can be made into a delicious milkshake! However tropical fruits like mango, banana, and peaches go well with pineapple. If you plan to add more fruit though, you will have to adjust the other ingredients to get the right thickness.
Other Delicious Recipes You Might Like
- Banana Swirl Nice Cream
- Chocolate Pineapple Smoothie
- Pineapple Popsicles [100% Fruit]
- Pineapple Spinach Smoothie
- Banana Peach Smoothie
- High speed blender
- Measuring cups
- Jars for serving
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ½ cup pineapple juice, divided
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 ½ cup frozen pineapple
- In the base of a high-speed blender, combine the frozen pineapple, whole milk, and ¼ cup of the pineapple juice.
- Blend until creamy and smooth. If you need to, stop the blender and scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Add the ice cream and two more tablespoons of pineapple juice. Blend until incorporated. If the milkshake is still too thick, add two more tablespoons of pineapple juice and blend.
- Pour the pineapple shake into two glasses and top with whipped cream.
Leave a Reply